HOW TO CLAIM FOR MEDICAL GRADE FOOTWEAR USING PODIATRIST REFERRALS
Our line of medical grade footwear has been specifically designed for people who have foot ailments and have specific footwear requirements. The Instride® footwear line has features that can provide relief from some foot conditions and can prevent additional foot issues. Each style features supreme support, advanced impact protection, and ultimate shock absorption, reducing the risk of damage to your feet and ensuring all-day comfort.
Customers that are currently clients of the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) and receiving podiatry treatment, may be eligible for a Medical-Grade Footwear (MGF) treatment strategy program which includes reduced-cost / no cost Instride® products.
Please print and take the medical grade footwear prescription form with you to your podiatrist.Then take this form to your local Athletes Foot® store to be fitted for your Instride® shoes.
HOW TO CLAIM – PATIENTS / DVA CARD HOLDERS
- Book an appointment with your podiatrist to assess your clinical need for medical grade footwear.
- Print the medical grade footwear prescription form and take this to your consultation.
- Have you podiatrist fill out the medical grade footwear prescription form.
- Return to any Athletes Foot store where Instride shoes are stocked to have your shoes sized and fitted. Please phone ahead to make sure that the store stock the style of shoes that you need. The store will then process your claim with the DVA
- Once your claim has been processed and approved your Athletes Foot store will call you to collect your shoes. Note: It will usually take between 2-4 weeks to process and approve your claim by the DVA.
HOW TO CLAIM AS A PODIATRISTS
- Print and fill out the medical grade footwear prescription form.
- Assess the patient for their clinical need for medical grade footwear – for more information on what is a clinical need please see the Factsheet HSV139.
- Give a copy of the medical grade footwear prescription to your patient and send them to your local Athletes Foot Store. Please have the patient call ahead to make sure the Instride shoes are in stock.
- The store will measure and fit the shoe and deal directly with DVA for the claim.
For a complete guide to medical grade footwear and examples of what is eligible please download this this guide from DVA.